We believe in the nurture and development of the whole child to help them reach their potential. We provide a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum. At Sacred Heart Primary School our vision is to create motivated ‘life-long’ learners through the use of ICT to enhance and extend learning and teaching across the whole curriculum. Our key resource in achieving this is a bank of iPads that enables each class to have 1:1 across the Key Stages. We use a range of apps and teaching methods which increase workflow and engage all our children.
As ICT is continually developing and new technologies emerging, we as a school will strive to give all pupils the digital skills to prepare them for a future in which using ICT is an integral part of society.
Our vision encompasses the following aims:
- ICT will be embedded into every day school life by enabling pupils to explore, express, exchange, evaluate and exhibit their work.
- To provide opportunities to enable all our staff, pupils and parents to be confident, competent and independent users of ICT.
- To provide an environment where access to ICT resources is natural and commonplace.
- To ensure ICT has a fundamental role in developing and enhancing our school’s key learning aims in promoting the pupils’ educational, physical and social needs.
- To use ICT to develop an online community, sharing ideas and resources between pupils, staff, parents, Board of Governors, other schools and the wider community.